For every business, one of the most crucial challenges is to acquire new clients. There are many methods of reaching out to potential customers. In the following text, we will focus on three techniques that can be very effective, regardless of the industry and experience.
Cold emailing and calling do not have the best reputation nowadays. Nevertheless, it can be resultful if you will have the right approach. With the help of new technologies and marketing automation, you can target people who might actually be interested in your offer.
How to start?
First, you need to generate leads. If you already have a list of emails or phone numbers – that is awesome! But just in case you don’t, here you can find a few ideas on what you can do:
- gated content – offer your audience a piece of valuable premium content in exchange for contact details;
- Facebook lead ads – reach your potential customers via ads, Facebook will automatically fill out the form, so it is effortless for users;
- LinkedIn lead ads – reach your audience in the professional ecosystem;
- use tools (for example, Uplead) to search for potential prospects. In such tools, you can filter contacts regarding localization, industry, position so that you can get a very valuable list.
Once your list of contacts is ready, it seems like it is the best time to start your cold calling or emailing campaign. But there is a better way to do it.
Warm-up leads by retargeting
Even though you have a plan to contact your potential customers for the first time, they might already have some experience with your brand. Just before starting your campaign is an excellent time to appear in your potential customers’ newsfeeds.
The point of such actions is to build awareness of your brand in the friendly and not pushy way. It is a great moment for promoting valuable content from your blog. Highlight your company’s experience and unique values.
Facebook Ads Manager has a great option for targeting, which is to reach people according to the email list. Create a custom audience by uploading your list. Facebook will automatically match emails with users. If you are not satisfied because of the results, you can add an option to retarget people who have visited your website.
Prepare your future clients for the first direct contact!
Run an email campaign
Some of your prospects have probably seen your ads. Now is the time to continue the communication. Create an appealing email that will include your company’s value proposition.
What should you focus on?
- an attractive title that will encourage recipients to open an email;
- personalization – thanks to marketing automation, you can personalize your messages based on the acquired information about your prospects (for example, name, position, company’s name). Make sure you have accurate information; otherwise, it can be problematic;
- short introduction – inform recipients why you sent them a message;
- highlight value proposition that you offer – highlight unique features of your products and services;
- include only one CTA (call to action) – that way prospects will know what kind of action do you expect from them.
Additionally, make sure your email is clear, simple and aesthetic. Focus on the message, not decoration. Minimalism is a trend nowadays. Use your branding as email is a part of your visual communication. Make a visible and clear CTA, use bullet points and highlight the most important parts.
Start cold calling
Calling might seem like a time-consuming task. Nevertheless, talking over the phone is still one of the most effective methods of business communication.
You can use cold (or not so cold anymore) calling to reach out to new prospects or do a follow-up call after running an email campaign.
Whatever you do, it is a great idea to use tools that will help you track performance and make data-driven decisions. CloudTalk, as a call center software, has a lot of handy features like automatic dialing, adding tags and notes to contacts, calls recording, analytics, and easy management. It also provides a mobile app so you can do your work wherever you are.
Prepare for the calling campaign. Create conversation scenarios that will let you get through it smoothly. By integrating your phone system with a CRM system, you can have all the information about your potential customer at your fingertips.
Use retargeting social media campaigns
Again, let us come back to retargeting. Now, after you contacted your potential clients directly, you can reach them again via social media.
Thanks to RocketLink you can add pixels to links you share (also in email campaigns). Based on that, you can create a custom audience and target your ads to people who have clicked given links. You know exactly who has visited your page with pricing, features or a blog post. Use it wisely to craft the best message and remind prospects about your offer. This is the next stage of a sales funnel.
Now that you know how to reach out to new prospects effectively, there is nothing else left than to start doing it! Remember to analyze your performance and improve your strategy continually. Every business, product, and service is different. That is why you need to figure out what works best for your target group. Take advantage of the new solutions that can make your work easier and automate some process so that you can focus on the bigger picture. Good luck!cold callingcold emailsemail marketinglead generationlink retargetingmarketing toolsretargetingrocketlinksocial media