When it comes to online video, YouTube is king. It’s the second most visited website in the world, and it’s where people go to watch videos of all kinds. If you’re a business owner who wants to use video to promote your products or services, YouTube is definitely the place to be. But there’s one problem: YouTube URLs are long and cumbersome. That’s where a YouTube link shortener comes in handy. In this blog post, we’ll discuss why you should use a YouTube link shortener and how it can help you get more views for your videos!
What is a YouTube link shortener and how does it work?
A YouTube link shortener is a bit.ly or goo.gl URL that takes you to a specific video on YouTube. It works by automatically redirecting you to the shortest URL possible for the video you want to watch. This is done in order to save space on webpages and make it easier for people to share links to videos without having to worry about long URLs getting in the way.
Why you should use a link shortener for your YouTube videos
There are several reasons why someone might want to use a YouTube link shortener. Maybe they want to save space in an email or on social media. Or maybe they don’t want viewers to be able to see where the video was originally hosted (which could be problematic if it’s an unauthorized upload). Whatever the reason, there are plenty of great options out there for anyone who wants to make their links shorter.
The benefits of using a YouTube link shortener
1. Shortened links are easy to remember and type in
When you’re sharing a YouTube video with someone, the last thing you want to worry about is typing in a long URL. With a YouTube link shortener, all you need to do is remember the shortening service’s name and type it into the address bar. This makes it easy for viewers to watch your videos without having to fumble with long URLs.
Shortened links are also easy to remember because they typically have a catchy name. For example, the YouTube link shortener for this video is “youtube.com/watch?v=WxBKfNcw0jM.” Try saying that five times fast!
2. They can be used to track clicks and measure the success of marketing campaigns
Shortened links can also be used to track clicks and measure the success of marketing campaigns. This is done by adding unique tracking codes to each link. When someone clicks on a shortened link, the code gets sent back to the shortening service, allowing you to see how many times it was clicked on and where it was shared. This information can be used to help you improve your marketing campaigns and see which ones are working best.
3. They help keep your social media posts looking neat and tidy
If you’re using social media to promote your YouTube videos, shortened links can help keep your posts looking neat and tidy. Long URLs can take up a lot of space on a small screen, making it difficult for people to read all the information in one post. By using a link shortener, you can reduce the amount of text on your post and make it easier for people to watch your videos.
4. They can be used to protect your privacy by masking long URLs
If you’re worried about people being able to see where your YouTube videos are hosted, a link shortener can help protect your privacy. By using a shortened URL, viewers won’t be able to see the original YouTube address of the video. This can be helpful if you’re hosting unauthorized videos or if you don’t want people to know where your content is coming from.
5. They make it easy to share links with people who don’t have accounts on social media or email platforms
Not everyone uses social media or email platforms, which can make it difficult to share links with them. With a YouTube link shortener, though, you can send links to people without accounts on these platforms by copying and pasting the shortened URL into a text message or chat window. This makes it easy for anyone to watch your videos!
YouTube link shortener FAQ
1. What are link shorteners and what are they used for?
A link shortener is a service that takes a long URL and converts it into a shorter, more manageable URL. This is useful for posts on social media sites like Twitter, where there is a character limit for each post.
There are many different link shortening services available, but the most popular one is probably Bit.ly. Other services include Goo.gl and Ow.ly.
2. How do you use a link shortener effectively to improve your traffic and SEO ranking?
There are a few things to keep in mind when using a link shortener:
- Make sure to use a reputable service, as some shorteners can actually harm your SEO by redirecting traffic away from your site.
- Always use descriptive titles and keywords in your shortened links to help improve your SEO.
- Shortened links are great for Twitter posts and other social media, as they take up less space and are easier to share.
3. What are some of the most popular link shorteners available today, and how do they compare to each other in terms of features and benefits?
Simply – check RocketLink here.
4. How can you make sure that your links always redirect correctly, regardless of the shortener you’re using, so that you don’t lose any potential traffic or leads from potential customers clicking on them by accident?
You can consider using a 301 redirect.
A 301 redirect is a permanent redirect from one URL to another. It’s the most common type of redirect, and is used when you want to permanently move all traffic from one page to another. Once you’ve set up a 301 redirect, it will automatically send any visitors who try to access the old URL over to the new URL, ensuring that they always get taken to the right place.
301 redirects are easy to set up and use, and they’re a great way to keep your links working correctly no matter what happens. Plus, they can help improve your site’s search engine ranking by passing along some of the authority of the old page to the new one.
5. Are there any other things that you should keep in mind when using a link shortener for your business website or blog posts in order to get the most out of them possible?
When using a link shortener, you should always keep in mind the following:
- Shortened links can be easily corrupted or faked, so be sure to use a reputable shortening service.
- Not all link shorteners are created equal–some offer more features than others. Choose one that best suits your needs.
- Make sure to track how many people are clicking on your shortened links. This will help you gauge their effectiveness and make necessary adjustments.